Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 2- Love is Kind

Day 2- Love is Kind

            So I didn’t think this one was too hard, at first.. Haha.. I feel I do a lot of kind things for my husband, although he would say he doesn’t notice them. Maybe because I tend to do more everyday things he wouldn’t notice. See we are a not a “normal couple” under the traditional sense. I work outside the home full time and he is a stay at home father/teacher- he homeschools our 6yr old. A little bit of role reversal in some aspects, which makes it difficult. So I try to be kind by not whining about what he hasn’t done (the dishes, picking up the house, cleaning) and I just do them. SO the book says being Kind involves 4 things:
Gentleness: Definitely where I need help, I am harsh, not sensitive and not tender. I tend to be a mean what you say and say what you mean and just put it out there kinda person. Oftentimes it doesn’t come out gentle at all- this is one thing for sure my husband would agree on.
 Helpfulness: I believe I am pretty helpful, but I sometimes don’t always meet the needs of the moment
Willingness: It says its choosing to be agreeable and not obstinate.
Initiative:  I don’t always do it first I’m too tired, too busy, too worn down, I have lots of excuses. But I do feel I Forgive first and stand down (if you will) first ALL the time. I don’t fight for my cause long, I usually give up and just “let him have his way” rather than fight.

Ephesians 4.32 - Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
I really need to take this to heart and be a lot kinder. See at first you think, “oh yeah I am kind”, but when you dig into what kindness is, it’s a different story altogether.
Today patience was a bit hard to, trying to think about being kind, and being patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment