Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 3- Love is not Selfish

Day 3- Love is not Selfish
            Well, I think I am not a selfish person, but I quickly found out that I actually am. But I did a search on www.youversion.com and found 84 verses in the ESV about selfish!
I Love this one… James 3:16 ESV - For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.
So I ask myself, where in my life do I have disorder? Ummm helloo, the reason I’m doing this 40 day challenge… my relationships- especially some of The Most important ones! And then I sat and thought, what about my relationship with the One who matters the MOST, it has been chaos at best, not just my husband, but my Heavenly husband. WOW. What a revelation. With everything going on in my life, the 2 miscarriages this year, our daughter, our home, my relationships and lack thereof. I have had waves of following, waves of disorder. I sometimes (ok a lot) bottle up and don’t talk to my husband or God like I should- and that’s being selfish. Selfish me wanting to handle it my way… wow… At least I am finally getting it.
So Its time to get out of the selfish mode and get on with being a unselfish. Letting go of me and my wants and my way of handling things and my way of doing things and let Him have His way with me. Let my husband actually lead me, and not try to be the leader like I am apt to do..

Ahhh this… this is good stuff… Cant wait for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment