Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 9 – Love makes good impressions


Day 9 – Love makes good impressions

Have to seriously think about this one. When I get home I walk in set all my stuff down, say hey you two as I make a mad dash for the bedroom to change into shorts and a top. Often times I don’t stop for a quick peck, or anything. I tell them let me just get changed real quick, and then I come back out and hug and kiss on them. Maybe I need to change and get home and great my husband with a big ole kiss firsthand, then go change, then tells the little one hi. Ok so I figured out that, but what about every other time I come home? Hmmm it’s pretty much hey, and on to doing whatever. So I need to change that, every time I see my husband, after having been away,  or even have left the room, I should greet him with warmth, wanting and lovingness. I bet just doing that alone would build up his self-worth a bunch. Which in this role reversal of ours is a Big Big deal. Bigger than even I think about sometimes.
As I sit here and think, I’m reminded that I get grumpy when my husband doesn’t greet me when I get home. How selfish of me to expect him to be waiting with bated breath to see me! I need to think about him, do it first, don’t expect him to do it for me. Let me be the blessing, and not the selfish one.

No comments:

Post a Comment