Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 10 - Love is unconditional


Day 10 - Love is unconditional

“Love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love.”’
There are 3 different types of love: Agape- unconditional, Phileo- friendship, and Eros- sexual. Thinking about the kind of love I display, sometimes sounds more like phileo, and eros love. An “I love you because…” scenario. When in reality an “I love you, period” scenario is the goal.
Your love can not be based on “things” but on choosing to love regardless of “things.” The goal is to love, not put restrictions on love. Not to withhold because you don’t feel love. Love isn’t a feeling, love is being. When you can put the selfishness down, and truly love your spouse, you would do anything for them, regardless of what they do for you.
My goal is to not let my head get caught up in the process of “well he hasn’t done such and such I don’t want to do this for him.” But to instead, do things for him, without thinking about my selfishness. Showing my love for him regardless of how I feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment