Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 5 – Love is Not Rude

Day 5 – Love is Not Rude

 Oh boy! “She purposefully avoids things that frustrate him or cause him discomfort.”
“..dare to love…give your best to your own” Yeah so that phone voice I have  needs to be given to more than the strangers and the people I work with. I need to use that with my hunny! And guess what two things are behind Rudeness? Ignorance or (yep you guessed it) Selfishness. I’m guessing most roads lead to selfishness…
Questions:
1.      How does your spouse feel about the way you speak and act around him?
Well if there is anything I know, it’s that I don’t speak Enough around my husband. Also I tend to be bossy, a lot.
2.      How does your behavior affect your mate’s sense of worth and self esteem?
Well he feels like he is less of a man, and not the leader. Evidence enough that I need to change how I speak to him.

3. Would your mate say you are a blessing or that you are condescending and embarrassing?
                        I know he would say both. There are lots of areas I need work in, and a few I’m good at.

And they give us 3 principles to live by:
1.      Guard the Golden Rule- treat your mate the same way you want to be treated
2.      No Double Standards- be as considerate to your spouse as you are to your friends, co-workers, and strangers
3.      Honor requests- consider what your spouse already asked you to do or not to do. If in doubt then ask.

What great principles to implement!

No comments:

Post a Comment